I am giving away TWO 1 1/2 hour coaching sessions with me. Today is the last day to enter. Details at the bottom of this post.
Week Three of the FREE E-Course ~ 8 Weeks to Feeling Like You Have More Time
You can jump into the course at any time ~
Perceptions and Attention
So, by now you should be really clear about WHY you want to have more time ~ what dreams you would be working on and how life could be if you felt like you had more time. You also will have tracked your time and hopefully seen some things that are stealing away that precious commodity that we wish we had more of, as well as freeing up your mind a bit by getting all that stuff swimming around in your brain out on paper.
Now, I want to talk about perceptions.
Because the truth is that we all have only 24 hours in a day. There is not much we can do about that. So, why is it that some people can get a whole heck of a lot done in a day and you seem to be sinking in overwhelm (or wishing for some day when you will have it more together)? I am sure that there are some blogs out there that you read and it is amazing how much some of these moms can get done. And, from their pictures, it looks like they even manage, somehow, to keep their houses clean, while doing cool stuff with their kids, making all kinds of crafty goodness, writing books, etc.. how do they do it?
Well, their perception of time is different than yours. What they see possible in any given day is different than what you see as possible. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, seeing this can give you a chance to shift your perceptions and create a new reality of what you can accomplish in your own life.
Also, I am willing to bet that they waste a lot less time doing things that are not really in line with what they are committed to than you do. You see, you have this ideal life that you want to create, but how much time are you actually spending working on that stuff? People who get lots of stuff done, spend time working on that stuff. Period.
So, you have to shift your attention, change up your perspective, to start living the life of YOUR dreams.
How do you do that?
Well, this course is a start. That is what we are working on ~ shifting your experience of time, so that you feel like you have more of it.
Also, if you have a big dream you really want to get started on, putting yourself in a structure that will make sure you keep moving forward will make a world of difference. I offer a few different one-on-one e-coaching sessions or check our the new Visionary Mom Teams ~ a really affordable way to light your fire and keep you motivated!!
Ok, back to shifting your perceptions. This week, lets look at what your attention is on.
If your thoughts are full of “If only…” or “I wish I could…” or “Too bad, I’m not more… ” then those thoughts are going to give you a particular reality of what you can or can’t accomplish.
If you are spending your time worrying instead of working on your dreams, well, then all you will get is worry.
If your attention is on how it can’t be done, then it can’t be done.
However, if you are hunting and searching for opportunities to express yourself, then you will be expressing yourself.
If you are putting your attention on being more creative, then you will be more creative.
If you are paying attention to being present and in the moment, you will experience more of life.
So, let’s start here. What is your attention on??
Your Assignment for the Week
1. Set a timer, a computer reminder, or your cell phone to go off 4 times per day at random times throughout the week.
2. Every time the reminder goes off, stop what you are doing and check in with yourself. What is your attention on?
3. If you are near your journal, jot down notes about what you notice. What were you thinking about, what were you wishing, worrying about, pondering. Don’t judge yourself, just notice and pay attention to where your thoughts were.
4. At the end of the week summarize what you noticed. What do spend alot of time thinking about? How do your thoughts shape how you are experiencing life? What happened as you took notice of what you have your attention on? Did you start to shift where your attention was?
What do you think you spend your time thinking about? Good thoughts? Bad thoughts? Beating yourself up? Wishing for things? Magic thinking?
Let me know in the comments!
Today is the last day to be enter the free coaching giveaway. You could win a free 1 1/2 hour phone coaching session with me! To be entered, all you have to do is one of the following and then leave a comment here letting me know what you did. At the end of the day on the 13th, I will randomly pick TWO winners, who will each get a 1 1/2 hour coaching session to help you get rockin’ on your dreams.
You can enter the giveaway in a number of different ways-
- Sign up for the course on the linky tool below.
- Share about the course on your blog. (then come back here and leave a comment/link to your post)
- Leave a comment below sharing what you spend your time thinking about/what your attention is on alot of the time.
- Tweet about the course. Use hashtag #MTFM (More Time For Mom) (and leave a comment here letting me know you did)
- Share about the course on Facebook. (and leave a comment here letting me know you did)
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED ~ But, it’s never to late to sign up for the course below.