Salida Retreat ~ FAQ
What will happen during the retreat?
The weekend is yours to do whatever you like! You can lay around in the grass reading a book, soak in the hot springs, participate in the workshops and activities, go for a long walk, rent a bike and go mountain biking, take long naps in your room, etc. You can come and go however you like. It is YOUR weekend.
What is the schedule for the weekend?
The official schedule for the weekend is still being worked out, but here is an idea of the flow of events…
> Check-in on Friday late afternoon
> Group dinner, relax, hang out
> Yoga on Saturday morning
> Art workshop with Anna Marie Still
> Live your dreams workshop with Lisa Delzer
> Relax, hang out, enjoy yourself – hot springs, massage, hiking, etc.
> Open art session with Anna Marie, come and go
> Sunday breakfast
> Relax and hang out – finish up any art projects, get a massage, etc
> Checkout late Sunday morning
The hot springs are open from 10am – 10pm
Can I bring my kids?
Nope! Not even the little nursing ones. Sorry. But, this is a chance for us to get away and be in our own space and nurture ourselves. I do know how hard this can be, especially if you have tiny ones. If you can’t make this retreat because your little ones need you right now, don’t worry, there will be others! Be sure to sign up for the Visionary Mom Retreats mailing list so you can be notified when we schedule our next event.
How much does the weekend cost?
The cost for the weekend is $499. If you would like a private/non-shared yurt, there will be an additional cost of $25/night. There is a $200 non-refundable deposit, which will be applied to your total registration fee.
Is there and early registration discount?
Yes! You will save $50 if you register before May 31st, 2010.
Do you accept payment plans?
Gladly. Just pay the non-refundable deposit of $200 when you register and we’ll work out a payment plan for the balance. I want this weekend to be accessible to everyone – so weekly payment, monthly payments, whatever you need to make sure you can come!
What is included?
There is a more details description on the the Salida Retreat page, but here is what is included:
- Overnight accommodations in a yurt for Friday and Saturday night.
- All meals and snacks. We are happy to accommodate special diets, just let us know when you fill out your registration form.
- A private, group yoga class.
- An art workshop with Anna Marie Still + open arts sessions.
- A handcrafted art journal from Anna Marie.
- A copy of the soon to be released Visionary Mom Roadmap to Your Dreams Workbook.
- A Live Your Dreams workshop with Lisa Delzer.
- Free access to the hot springs all weekend.
- Quiet, connections, and rejuvenation.
- Time away from the kids with nothing to worry about except having a fun, relaxing weekend!
- Plus other treats, surprises and goodies…
What other expenses can I expect?
- Your flight into Denver or Colorado Springs (about a 3 hour drive for either). There is a smaller airport in Alamosa (50 miles away) but will be more expensive since it is a small airport.
- Transportation to the venue. I recommend that you coordinate with other participants to minimize cost.
- Money for any souvenirs or other fun stuff you would like to buy.
- Extra spa treatments. The resort offers massage, facials, etc, if you are interested in these, please let me know on your registration form.
- Food for travel days, it is a long drive so expect to stop and grab a bite on the way.
- If you want to take advantage of the area’s recreational activities (biking, rafting, horseback riding, etc.) – I will find out prices for you, just let me know on your registration form.
I wanted to find a place that was in the Colorado Rockies with lots of character, plus access to hot springs. Salida is one of my favorite places in Colorado, so that is naturally where I started to look for the perfect place to hold this retreat. The resort is not actually in Salida, but it offers a nice, private, quiet place for you to relax, near one of the most amazing little towns in Colorado.
From the Salida.com website: “Salida is also a place to find balance—you can relax and reflect in one of the area’s hot springs after an invigorating hike up one of the dozen fourteen-thousand-foot tall mountain peaks or stroll along tree-lined streets into the several block downtown area where century-old redbrick buildings offer café fare to fine dining, whimsical art pieces to upscale aesthetics…roam along the winding Arkansas River, pound the paths of the area’s extensive bike & trail system, or meander through the museum and soak up the culture.”
How will I get to there?
The resort is about a 3 hour drive from Denver or Colorado Springs. I recommend you partner up with other people coming in. It is a beautiful drive through the mountains wherever you are coming from! Please let me know if you would like to connect with others to travel with on your registration form.
What do I need to bring?
For the hot springs, you will need a bathing suit and a towel. You might also like to have sandals, water bottle, robe, hat and a lock for the lockers if you use them. They do rent these items in case you forget. Otherwise, just bring whatever you need for the weekend. The weather should be really warm and sunny, though it is Colorado so we could see a thunderstorm or two! J If you want to get out for a hike, don’t forget to pack your hiking shoes.
How many moms will be at the retreat?
There is space for only 12 women. There are 3 private yurts that have a single bed, everyone else will share a yurt (but not a bed!).
How do I register?
If you have other questions not listed here, please give me a call: (719) 640-9119 or email me.