Playing it safe is no fun.
Why not stir things up a bit ~ shake, rattle and roll??
I know that there have been many times in my life when there was something I really, really wanted. Something that inspired me and moved me and made me say YES! to being alive.
Hand and hand with that, I would say that often those things did not fit into the mold of living a nice, safe, comfortable life.
Living our dreams, going out on a limb, going for it ~ that takes risk. And risk is not always the most comfortable thing to experience. Especially for some of the people around us.
I don’t know what it is about doing something risky, but it seems to bring up all the worry and concern of the people around you. Ever notice that?
Who knows why? ( I have my theories ~ it has them be aware of all the dreams they missed out on, it has them have to look at the safe way they are living, they have been hurt and burned in the past and they fear that for anyone, especially someone they love)
Whatever the reason, it takes a bit of thick skin on your part to keep going for your dreams in the face of all that worry in concern. It’s a bit like a fish swimming upstream.
Well, I am here to tell you that it’s okay to rock the boat!
Really it is! In fact, I think you should be going for your dreams, stirring things up a bit. Too much of life is spent doing the “right thing” and sticking to our nice, safe, comfortable existence.
- What if you did go buy a bunch of paints and carved out some studio space in your basement?
- What if you signed yourself up for that photography class?
- What if you did sell the big, expensive house so you could live a more simple life and have time and money to travel?
- What if you did audition for that play?
- What if you invited all your friends over to share your latest culinary experiments?
- What if you went ahead and pulled your kids out of school so you could homeshool them?
- What if you started that novel?
Don’t you think the world would be a better place? With you in it ~ fully alive, pursuing your dreams, living with passion? I do.
So tell me… What is it that’s holding you back?