I keep saying that you have to dwell in your intention… that is how to get your intention all over you and your life, which is what will have it make a difference and get you pointed toward your dreams.
But, what exactly does that mean, to dwell?
My friend, the dictionary, defines dwell like this:
- live or stay as a permanent resident; reside.
- to live or continue in a given condition or state: to dwell in happiness.
- to linger over, emphasize, or ponder in thought, speech, or writing.
I don’t think I can say it better.
Here are seven things you can do to keep on dwelling, stay engaged and make your dreams come true…
- Talk about it. Share how you are doing with it, what is happening, where you ARE fulfilling your intention and where you aren’t. The more you talk about it, the more engaged you will be. This works, like really – no kidding, so do it. Find ways to talk about and share your intention every day.
- Think about it. Simple enough, but really important. Ask yourself often, is my intention present? What can I do to experience my intention right now? What would this situation look like if I lived it through my intention.
- Have it up in front of you. Create a display or visual reminder that you see every day, that reminds you of your intention and evokes the feelings behind your intention.
- Use your technology. Set up reminders on your computer or crackberry. Schedule them at random times, every few days or once per week. Have the reminder say something like, “Hey Lisa – How’s that intention going? Is it present right now?”
- Get a buddy. Grab a friend or other person in your life that also has big dreams. Once you both have created an inspiring intention, set up a weekly chat. On the chat, share with each other where you fulfilled your intention that week, where you struggled with it and what you want to make happen in the coming week. This is an amazing way to dwell and stay engaged.
- Take on a project. Say you are a photographer – create an intention project where you will take a photo that illustrates your intention every week. Then share it and talk about it on you blog, or facebook, or wherever you connect with people. Whatever your dreams in life, you can find a way in incorporate your intention into it and creating a project that is fun and inspiring is a great way to do that.
- Get professional help. I love how serious that sounds!! But, I do mean it. There are so many amazing classes, e-courses, workshops and coaching programs out there. If you are serious about fulfilling your intention, sometimes investing in yourself by getting some professional level support is really, really worth it. (inserting promotional plug – you can check out the various services I offer here. )
What ways do you dwell in your intentions?
Day Nine of the Creating Intentions Series